DIRECTOR – RESEARCH AND PLANNING
Prince Ogunleye Ebenezer Olubunmi N.C.E, BED, MED was born in Ijaro-Ekiti in 1958. He attended St. David’s Primary School, Iludun-Ekiti for his primary education between 1963 and 1968. He proceeded to Ikole –Ekiti where he had his secondary education at Egbe-Oba High School between 1969 and 1972. He obtained his TCII certificate in 1978 from the Divisional Teachers college, Ado-Ekiti. He went further to Adeyemi College of Education Ondo where he obtained his NCE certificate (Fine & Applied Arts) in 1982. He had his degree studies at the University of Benin between 1984 and 1986 where he obtained BED (Fine & Applied Arts Education). He holds a Masters degree (MED) in Adult Education from the University of Lagos. He joined the Directorate 1988 as the pioneer headteacher of PCS Akure. He has served as a headteacher, vice-principal, zonal inspector, Zonal Head, R&P, Deputy Director (Schools) and in several other capacities. He is also a registered member of the Teachers Registration Council (TRC). He enjoys reading travelling, drawing and driving. He is presently the Director of the Research and Planning Unit in the Directorate.
The functions of the Department are thus:-
- Initiates and directs Research and planning programmes for Police Children and Secondary schools nationwide.
- Ensuring thorough and intensive curriculum development and review of books used in Police Children and secondary schools nationwide.
- Collates and sets standard examination questions for all examinations conducted in Police Children and Secondary schools nationwide.
- Coordination and organisation of Debate competitions, quiz competitions and several other extra-curricular programs for our schools.
- Coordinating and ensuring participation of the Directorate teachers and staff in all NERDC/FME conferences, seminars and workshops in order to keep the Directorate in tune with new/latest developments as regards curriculum developments and educational policies.
- The Department takes prompt action on any central report and requests seeking the professional attention of the research centre.
- Coordination of activities of the zonal Research and Planning offices. The Directorate currently has the following Research and Planning Offices nationwide:-
- Research and Planning Office Lagos – to take care of schools in the South-West and Lagos.
- Research and Planning Office Minna – to take care of schools in the North, and
- Research and Planning Office Calabar – to take care of schools in the South-South and the South-East.