DIRECTOR – MRS. STELLA IGBONWELUNDU
The functions of the Department are thus:-
- Initiates and directs Research and planning programmes for Police Children and Secondary schools nationwide.
- Ensuring thorough and intensive curriculum development and review of books used in Police Children and secondary schools nationwide.
- Collates and sets standard examination questions for all examinations conducted in Police Children and Secondary schools nationwide.
- Coordination and organisation of Debate competitions, quiz competitions and several other extra-curricular programs for our schools.
- Coordinating and ensuring participation of the Directorate teachers and staff in all NERDC/FME conferences, seminars and workshops in order to keep the Directorate in tune with new/latest developments as regards curriculum developments and educational policies.
- The Department takes prompt action on any central report and requests seeking the professional attention of the research centre.
- Coordination of activities of the zonal Research and Planning offices. The Directorate currently has the following Research and Planning Offices nationwide:-
- Research and Planning Office Lagos – to take care of schools in the South-West and Lagos.
- Research and Planning Office Minna – to take care of schools in the North, and
- Research and Planning Office Calabar – to take care of schools in the South-South and the South-East.