Police Secondary School , Ita-Igbolu, Akure North Local Government Area, Akure was established on 22nd of April 2005 with one student named Salfar Henry as the first student while sixteen others joined him later as pioneer students.
The then Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero, a native of Ondo State whose tenure the school was established, visited the school on the 7th of May 2005 in the company of the then executive Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Agagu to ascertain the infrastructural needs of the school. The Governor then promised to effect and actually effected the renovation of two classroom blocks and another two blocks of eight flats each in the staff quarters.
The School Offers:
- A functional and well equipped ICT centre.
- A laboratory block which houses the Biology, Chemistry and Physics Laboratories, Introductory Technology, Auto-Mechanics, Electrical Installation, Basic Electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing Laboratories.
- Three blocks of hostel accommodation for girls and four blocks for boys.
- Ultra-modern health centre with a resident medical doctor.
- Three functional bore-holes for guaranteed water supply.
- 100KVA standby generator and 25KVA back-up generator to power the school.
- Conducive and well equipped lecture halls, examination halls and classrooms.
- Talent and skill development through clubs and societies such as Press club, Drug Free Club, Jet Club, Cultural Club, Home Builders Club, Young Farmers’ Club to mention a few.
Police Secondary School Akure is firmly established and has stood the test of time as students’ performance have been impressive and steadily on the increase while members of staff have been very productive and are ready more than ever before to keep the flag flying.
So far, the school has been administered by Six Commandants – DSP LasisiIyanude as the pioneer Commandant (2005-2006), ASP Lawrence Lawal (2006 – 2008), CSP Francis A. Bissong (2008 – 2013), Acting Commandant SP Limanchi Haruna (2013 – 2014), Commandant CSP Geoffrey A. Iorbee (2014-2016) and the incumbent SP Peter Augustine.