DIRECTOR – MR AMBROSE OKORAFOR
He currently heads the Policy, planning and Human Resources Department in the Directorate. The Department is responsible for:
- Initiating and review of education policies and programmes.
- Taking responsibility for education development and planning.
- Assisting in the formulation, review and implementation of education policies and programmes.
- Organizing seminars, refresher courses, workshops and training programmes for teachers.
- Taking charge of curricular development and review.
- Taking charge of transfer and posting of staff in cooperation with other officers.
- Taking charge of retirement, resignation and withdrawal of service by staff.
- Initiation and direction of research programmes.
- Preparing annual calendar for schools.
- Coordination of the functions of professional officers in the field.
- Offering of professional advice to the Director of Education.
- Verification of staff certificates.
- Updating of general staff list.