DIRECTOR – HUMAN RESOURCES
Ajao Emmanuel Adetoyose (B.A, , M.ED) was born in 1958. He attended Iwo Grammer School, Iwo in Osun state between 1973 and 1977. He University of Ilorin and graduated in 1986 with a B.A in Education. He did his National Youth Service (NYSC) in the old Bendel State between 1986 and 1987 before taking up employment with the directorate in 1988 as a Guidance Counsellor. He attended University of Lagos and bagged a Masters Degree in Educational Guidance and Counselling in 1988. He has served as a headteacher, Assistant Headteacher, Guidance Counsellor and in several other capacities since joining the Directorate in 1988. He became a Deputy Director in 2010. He currently heads the Policy, planning and Human Resources Department in the Directorate. The Department is responsible for:
- Initiating and review of education policies and programmes.
- Taking responsibility for education development and planning.
- Assisting in the formulation, review and implementation of education policies and programmes.
- Organizing seminars, refresher courses, workshops and training programmes for teachers.
- Taking charge of curricular development and review.
- Taking charge of transfer and posting of staff in cooperation with other officers.
- Taking charge of retirement, resignation and withdrawal of service by staff.
- Initiation and direction of research programmes.
- Preparing annual calendar for schools.
- Coordination of the functions of professional officers in the field.
- Offering of professional advice to the Director of Education.
- Verification of staff certificates.
- Updating of general staff list.